rEuNiOn luNch... ^^

My mom did steamboat for the reunion lunch (since I had it during lunch time) every year. Year in year out, it would be the same. But this year was a bit special... not that I did the cooking or anything but its the fact that I rarely come back home for my mom's cooking anymore. The share for this year steamboat is BIG... hahaha... Normally there is only 3 of us for the reunion... my mom, dad and me. Simple family... But sometimes, my uncle and grandmother would join us.

Anyway, my mom told me that she spend quite a lot on this particular steamboat. First was the ingredients for the steamboat... she bough abalone, scallop, fu chou fish balls, meat balls, prawns and etc. (too much already can't think of it). Besides the steamboat, there's also side dishes... which is the Pei Pa Duck. I don't really like duck meat but my uncle and grandmother does.



The steamboat... yummy... is there any abalone inside there? Or scallops?


My plate is clean as a whistle... hehehe... Oops... that's my grandmother's hands...

Although it's just for a few hours, but the preparation is very exhausting. My mom wake up around 7am plus to go take the Pei Pa Duck. After that she would come back and do the ingredients of the steamboat. Washing the prawns, clean the cabbages and vegetables, chopping the meat and etc.

Around 11am, my mom would take out some of the food and offer it to our ancestors. Then after offering all the prayers stuff... (paper money and joss sticks) my mom will carried it back into the kitchen and she'll continue to prepare the food for the steamboat.

As I've said earlier, I don't do all the cooking but I do the eating, setting up and the cleaning up. Due to our kitchen space is very limited, we have to do our reunion lunch in our shop which is just a few walks only. I'll be carrying all the steamboat utensils and food to the shop and arrange it. After finish eating I would clean up the place and carry back the steamboat utensils.

Hectic and tiring but the experience of eating together with my parents is worth a lot.

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts