cHaotiC niGht...

There's one time in the year that everyone around my residence can get to feel the "all hell's breaks loose" experience. It will start around midnight and it only happens in Penang... and it starts when the clock strikes 12... No... it's not really a DEMON running around the streets of Penang to terrorizing the poor souls of the people in Penang... and this particular event always happens during the 9th days of the Chinese New Year (forgive me... coz I really don't know how to write it). =(

For me... it is culture shock (during my second year in pursuing my degree in USM). I was sleeping in my room when suddenly... the skies light up with a loud bang and continue on with several big loud booming sounds. When I looked up, the sky was lit up with colourful fireworks... all my roomates got up too. The fireworks kept on going and going until all of us were so excited and can't sleep the whole night. But as time goes by... I got accustomed to it and look forward to it.

The calm before the storm... look a flower in the sky!!

But this year was unforgettable. Why? Coz when the fireworks were launched and I was still downstairs awaiting for my bf to park his bike... I saw a cat running like mad. It was like dashing from one corner to the other corner with surprising speed... I think it was running for cover since it got shocked from the sounds of the fireworks. I was caught up in a mixed feeling for the poor little cat running for cover... from the flower pots to underneath the cars. Hopefully it realized that its not the end of the world or anything.

Anyway, the fireworks lasted for about almost half an hour. With one household starting up the heat of the fireworks and then, it was continued from another household to take the torch. It was enjoyable but... the next day I gotta work... so I put some music on and off to dreamland... ZzzZZzzzzzZZ...

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts