thE soUnD oF gAmEs... ^^

Finally... after enduring 2 weeks of cracking my brains to blog about the topic given, a welcome change has arrived (which was quite hard and doesn't have anything to do with gaming... its more like writing a review on the world exclusive premier... ><"... umm... to the moderator and organizers... don't be angry at my remarks, okay... I'm just being honest... ><").

Since this week's topic is quite okay with me... I guess its time for me to put on the thinking cap again... (if you have read my previous post... I still have my brain juices... looks like the 'zombies'... I mean my paperwork and reports didn't eat it up too much). I'm going to follow my usual style of writing... no pictures... again... since I don't really feel like putting any of it... (besides... the rules of regulations does forbid the use of third party pictures... videos... blah blah blah... suddenly, a Ke$ha song comes to mind... LOL)

The music of video games goes a long way... when I was first exposed to it... it was from a Japanese singer from the OST of 'Kingdom Hearts II'. You guessed it, Utada Hikaru... and the song is Passion. Eventually I got so hooked up with the music and ended up having the entire compilation of all Kingdom Hearts songs... as well as Final Fantasy (and please don't ask me how I get it... ^^... for me to know and for you never to find out... let's keep it a secret... ^^... hahaha).


There are also others that deserve mention like the music of the Metal Gear Solid series. Hideo Kojima, being the perfectionist that he is, went all the way to Skywalker Ranch to fine tune the soundtrack.

I guess music is the bridge that connects everything... and the game developers must have seen this coming. Soon enough, you see a lot of music inspired games being created one after the other to satisfy the gamers... or rather, the game publishers increasingly FAT pockets. But... I got to give thumbs up for whoever created the first music inspired video game... combine two major forces that most people can't resist... MUSIC & GAMING... the ultimate marriage of the two. ^^

However, as the time moves on... it seems like the music of video games has evolved into something that is becoming a genre of it own... some of these music games even sent some singers and bands into superstardom (and in recent cases... even if the band members are long forgotten... a simple video game could see them rise back to their golden years). But I won't talk much about this since I will continue to come up with posts to discuss about this more in depth. Stay tuned to my blog... ^^

As I start to think back to my younger days... well... I'm not that old either... ^^... there used to be a lot music inspired arcade games like 'Para Para Paradise', 'Dance Dance Revolution' and 'Stepmania' just to name a few... I feel these games started the revolution of the music in video games craze... hmm... just a food for thought.

Peace Out~~

Comments

Popular Posts