yEah... onE niGhT iN beiJing...


I still remember the first time when I heard this song. It was during my first year in university and I was going out with a bunch of my university mates for a late night snack. We ended up in a cafe where you can sit down and request for song to listen to... something like 'Halo Cafe'. 

Initially, when When I first heard this song... it didn't attract my attention until the part where the singer... a guy... started to break out into opera kind of high pitch singing. I was like... 'OMG... did that sound just came out from his throat?' (at that moment... my jaw DID drop... just that it wasn't as long as 'The Mask'). Being a person who doesn't listen to Chinese song so often... I had to ask my friends why did he sing in such a weird manner. They told me the name of the song was 'One Night in Beijing' and the original singer (at least the rockier version of it)... was sung by 'Shin'.

True enough... after a few searches in the Internet... I found their song. The original sounded much better... but I really got give my hats off to the guy, who managed to sing this song in that cafe. It wasn't easy... listen to the original... which I found at youtube.


Ever since that day... I'm so hooked to this particular song... that whenever I go to a cafe with the similar concept as 'Halo Cafe'... I just have to pick that song for the singers to sing. Evil ain't I? (",)

And for the record... nobody took up the challenge so far.

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts