mY neW toY... niNtenDo dSi xL...


Recently... I strike first prize in 4D lottery... (",)

Nope... just joking. Actually... or rather 2 months ago... I receive my bonus payout for all the hard work last year. After giving some money to my parents... sending the rest into a very safe 'bank account'... clearing my credit cards bills... blah blah blah... not much was left after all those deductions here and there. But the amount left for me to spend is quite ok... and since I've been aiming at a game console... which is not more than RM1,000... I decided to get a Nintendo DSi X.L.
Additionally... I do not have a personal television set yet in my room... that is also one of the factor that lead me to just stick to handheld consoles. Besides... with my current DS Lite... the screen is so small that whenever I play any games like Pokemon Ranger... I keep knocking my stylus to the edge of the screen. My bf then suggest that I get a Nintendo DSi L.L or X.L.

After much fidgeting at the local game shop at Prangin Mall... I settled for Nintendo DSi X.L since the screen is bigger but more heavier than my current DS Lite. Well... I guess that bigger in size doesn't come in lighter form...
Since the game shop only have two colours available (black or blue)... I decided to go with the blue colour since my bf got his black Nintendo DS Lite.

Overall... the feel of the Nintendo DSi X.L... quite heavy at first... but after a few days... I got used to the weight of the DSi X.L (hmm... talking about weight lifting... >.<"). Nintendo also made improvement to the interface... the first thing I notice was the Start Button. The DS Lite was at the right side of the console... while DSi X.L was smack right in front of the left side of the bottom screen. It was better this way... since I have the tendency to accidentally push the Start Button whenever I start to feel a bit 'kan cheong' while playing some game titles (and most of the time... I manage to get a lot of cool game items and accidentally push the Start Button... which caused all my game progress to go POOF! ARGH! You can imagine all the frustration going through me).

Another thing I like about the DSi X.L is the matte feel at the bottom of the console... compared to the plastic feel on the DS Lite. Good... at least now I need not to worry about the DSi X.L 'running' away from my palms! (",)

I hope that I don't regret this purchase as the Nintendo 3DS (US Version) is about hitting our local game store soon. >.<"

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts