aCCideNtaL buMp wiTh jaMes baUm...

During our last trip to Kuala Lumpur early last month, we managed to find some time to drop by my hubby's favorite ex-radio DJ, Basil Joseph's year old restaurant Comida at Solaris Dutamas. We had our fantastic dinner over at his place (the food was fantastic... and not to mention... very very filling since everything was in... umm... how do I put this... AMERICAN SIZE portion!). Review on the food coming soon.

Anyways, as we were having our dinner and while my hubby was busy playing with his brand new toy, (wondering what is his new toy? Check out this post...) and I was too engrossed watching Basil's Africa vacation video... Basil suddenly came over and tapped my hubby's shoulder and asked him if he knew who was the person sitting on the bar stool across the table. My hubby, still blur from all the pressure from the competition he participated earlier that day... asked "Who's that?" Little did he realized that sitting across the table was his idol... James Baum.
My hubby and his idol... James Baum...

My hubby started jumping in excitement when Basil told him that he was the person my hubby was rooting for in the ASTRO Music Video Challenge. My hubby was going all googoogaga over his idol in a matter of seconds (well... at least that cheered him up after that dreadful competition that morning). He bought his album on the spot, got it autographed personally from James and took a number of photographs with him as well. 

Being a local artist and celebrity... I can guess why my hubby couldn't recognize him in the first place. He doesn't give the 'aura' like he was a celebrity... no "loud" dressing like others. In fact, his clothes were quite laid back and casual. He was very friendly and humble as well... ^^ 
From left to right... Basil (in black shirt)... James Baum (Da' Man)... and my hubby (trying to act funny like a joker)... do you notice they are standing in a way that resembles the Petronas Twin Tower? >.<"

When we got back to Penang the next day, I popped the CD into our computer and listened to his music. Not bad... if you listen to him the first time... you would never ever thought that he was a local artist... until you meet him in person. His voice is... simply... mesmerizing.

Among all his tracks in the CD... I really like the song 'Soldier'... here's the lyrics I found on youtube.


Besides the song 'Soldier', there's quite a number of nice tracks in his album. I believe quite a number of the songs were played on air by our local radios. Want to know more? Try to find his song @ youtube or go to the nearest CD shop and grab a copy of his album and you can listen to it all day and night... or you can follow him on Twitter (@james_baum).

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts