tRoN... uH... wHaT... @_@

Well... it looks like this week is another tough topic (how I wish I have the time to just sit down and blog about the topic of the week). But things weren't a bed of roses for me this week... finish the training camp... handover list... blah blah blah (which reminds me of a certain song... hmmm)... you can say that I'm pretty 'brain dead' for this week's topic... and as the usual things goes... I don't want to go into detail over it... I'll just give my thoughts about it and that's it... (hope my boss doesn't see me while I'm taking an extra few minutes off work to pen down some thoughts... well.., lunch time anyway... ^^).

Tron... the title of the post tells you how I reacted when I saw the topic for this week... to top it off... I saw on my work station a brand new spanking desktop (well... that's what my colleague says). Honestly speaking... there was a split second that ran through my mind... "Just ******* quit the battle"... but then... after given a few thoughts (DEEP THOUGHTS) about it... decide to go on (with the 'brain dead' condition I'm currently facing... my workload is like a zombie eating my brain everyday... ><").

Did a few digging on the net for some information about it. No wonder it didn't ring any bell on my head since the game and the movie was during the era of my 'baby'hood... nevertheless... I did more searches and digging about it and also thanks to some of the bloggers who has been actively searching the net for more information. One surprise finding on Tron was... the more I look at it the more I feel like I was watching 'Snake' (the popular game on mobile phones... at least all my previous phones had it)... minus the action... plus good looking human faces... ^^


Something came across my mind... could it be that those futuristic movies that we have been watching all this while were all inspired by TRON? Not sure... only the directors of those futuristic movies can give you the answer... but without a doubt... the concepts and idea are similar.

Now, I'll get a little bit scientific here. TRON gave birth to the term "Simulated Reality (SR)". Don't get it confused with "Virtual Reality (VR)". VR means a computer simulated environment. It could be based on the real world or an imaginary world. But users can tell that VR is not real. SR is different in the sense that reality could be simulated by a computer simulation to the point that the users can't distinguish "true" reality. Go figure.

Anyways, have a good thought about this... and... haiz... back to my work... lunch time is OVER!!! ARGH!!! The zombie's (paperwork) are coming!!! Brraaiinnss!!!!

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts