ePiC fAiLurE... kFc...

It was a hot and stormy Saturday night... ok, not that stormy but definitely HAWT!!! A few weeks before I was scheduled to move to my new place... my bf and I decided to visit the night market for the final time (as I don't think I'll be coming here as often as I did anymore after I've moved away from here).

At first we didn't really notice this 'Epic Failure' until we crossed the road... we saw it at KFC Sungai Dua. That branch had just went through a thorough refurbishment and renovation back in December '09... upgrading as well (since they added the outdoor seating area which they didn't have in the beginning). The outdoor seating was nice but after what we saw... I don't think I will ever dare to have my meal at this area ever again.

The whole canopy just got lifted off from the concrete cement... I wasn't there to witness it live... but to uproot a canopy which has been cemented, hardened and jammed into the ground... only a tsunami or twister can do that. But that is not what happened... I think it's just a strong gust of wind.

Normally, if you really did a good renovation job... this won't happen. As from my understanding (since I know a little bit of construction and renovation stuff... thanks to my job and my mentor... ^^), to see a uprooted canopy means that the contractor did not comply to the renovation guideline or the contractor did a shoddy job. Well, couldn't blame them... I think they only use like less than 4 weeks for the whole renovation period.

I'll be thinking twice... umm... nope... I don't think I dare to sit underneath any canopy seating area anymore after witnessing this 'Epic Failure'...

Now... the big question is... is the whole structure safe? Well... I still value my life so I won't want to find out but lets give it some time and we'll see.

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts