bAR b Q plAzA @ guRneY plAza...


I have been talking to this prospect for almost a year plus to opened up a new branch in Penang... making it the first in the Northern Region. First... I was trying very hard to push him into opening an outlet in Queensbay Mall... my previous workplace that is.

Around the beginning of February 2010... I tried my luck again. Guess what... his plans to expand to the Northern Region is still on! We started talking and negotiating... the whole process again... but this time... with a totally different mall.... Gurney Plaza. Besides that... his expansion time was just nice since I got a few big units coming up.

There was a lot of negotiation on going before he finally committed to the unit that Bar B Q Plaza is in. My hard work finally paid off... Penangnites will have a new food haunt concept soon... and that new food haunt was officially opened on 26-Jan-11. 

The shop facade...
Being a fan of Bar B Q Plaza... how could I say no to a dinner with my bf at Bar B Q Plaza?

The both of us drop by during the official opening for dinner. It was smoking hot and the best thing is... my clothes doesn't smell bad after the the both of use finished our portion. Mind you... we order Economy Chicken Set... and some add-ons... which includes... panda fish cakes, fish noodles, salmon and fish fillet. Oh... I forgot... it comes with a fried garlic rice. Superb!

The panda fish cake that my bf loves... and the fish noodles that I love... yummy!
Oh... another attraction. Outside every Bar B Q Plaza... they will have a signature statue. A Bar-B-Gon! Without a Bar-B-Gon... their official mascot... the Bar B Q Plaza won't feel right. Looking at the Bar-B-Gon... I think he just caught himself a fever... CNY fever to be exact. (",)

If he can talk... I really wonder what he will sound like... and how does 'Happy Chinese New Year' pronounced in Bar-B-Gon's mother tongue?
Anyway... if you have the time... you can check out Bar B Q Plaza @ Gurney Plaza. They are located at Basement 1... next to The Chicken Rice Shop. Opens from 10am to 10 pm... daily.

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts