p1 wiMax... goT coNNectiOn oR noT...


Going back to my hometown for 2 weeks during this Chinese New Year is what I've been waiting for... well... at least I get to eat my mom delicious home cooked dishes. But I have only one complaint (or whining) about going back to Melaka... there is virtually no internet connection in Melaka. Not even wi-fi or broadband (DiGi doesn't  have their awesome coverage in Melaka... P1 Wimax not there yet... Maxis and Celcom not going to subscribe it since it doesn't have prepaid option like P1 Wimax and DiGi... such a sad case).

Before I went back home for my 2 week long holiday... I give P1 Wimax another try since it has landed in Melaka but does not have coverage in the area I am staying... and what do I see... the green color... surrounding my area.


Yippee! They have finally decide to cover my area! Hello Facebook and emails... not forgetting MSN Messenger and Skype! Now at least when I go back home for 2 weeks... I can constantly keep in touch with my emails (both personal and work email) and Facebook (especially the games).

I was so happy and was thinking of renewing the prepaid pass for P1 Wimax since it will be expiring in another 2 more days (starting from the day I reach Melaka). However... when I reach home on 30-Jan-11... it was a sad news for me when I connect the P1 Wiggy to my laptop at night (to check on my CityVille progress and other Facebook games). 

I got the blue light... which means I can start surfing the internet. Before I even started... I checked on the balance of usage I still have since I'm back in Melaka for at least 2 weeks. When I click on the icon for P1 Wiggy... it was an utter disappointment.


The connection keep on failing when there is a blue light. Called the help center to ask why is this happening... but to no avail. The customer service keep on asking me to bring the whole laptop walking around the house to search for connection. My house was dead right in the center... and yet the P1 Wiggy failed to connect. WTF! I was on the verge of throwing the P1 Wiggy into the rubbish bin... and the 'help center' didn't prove to be 'helpful' as well.

I was so angry that during the Chinese New Year Eve... I bring the whole laptop and stand outside of my house.  Guess what... only then the P1 Wiggy shows connected! WTH! I need to stand under the hot sun just to surf the internet?! This is no longer comfort... but torture since I need to stand in the middle of the road to get connection!

So what if P1 Wimax finally reaches Melaka? I can't say that all user is facing the same problems as me but... I'm so disappointed with P1 Wimax... again.

Peace Out ~~ 

Comments

Popular Posts