laNd oF smiLe... tHaiLand... daY 1...


We (me and my bf) went to Thailand on 01 April 2011... hmm... its not an April Joke. We really did went to Thailand for the first time... but it was a short trip... 3 days 2 nights. You can say its a whirlwind trip since the flight from Penang International Airport to Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) was around 5pm via AirAsia. We tried to secure an earlier ticket... but unfortunately... it is all the same... since we want to go the 'affordable' way.

When we reached the airport... we were guided to a transit bus taking us directly to the arrival hall. At first I was surprise with the additional service... but as the bus drives around and around the airport... I was like... OK... I get it... my legs would be breaking into half if I were to walk around to the arrival hall of such a huge airport.

The moment we reach the international hall arrival check in... OMG! I can't believe what I see... a beeline of tourists queuing at the immigration counter! Patiently... we waited at the line for our turn... and have our pictures taken (wonder why they need to do it in the first place... but I got the idea when we were heading back to Malaysia). I wish I could take some pictures... but when I see the sign no pictures allowed... I got the idea. Don't want to mess around with the authorities there.

After getting our luggage... off we go to search for a taxi to take us to the hotel. Our hotel was at Sukhumvit and the name of the hotel was FuramaXclusive Asoke. Despite the traffic jam... we reach the hotel and it was a  nice and decent hotel... and the front desk personnel was very friendly. When we saw our room... I was like... WOW! Take a look at the pictures and you'll understand why...
The bed was properly made... with a nice ribbon in the center (excluding the two furballs on top of the bed)... the sofa and the television set... last but not least the toilet... everything was perfect... except the bathtub was a bit short... >.<"
Of course... after all the snapping of the photos of the room... my stomach was growling for FOOD! While we were on the way to the hotel... we saw that there was a lot of food on the road side selling those yummy foods... but as my Bangkok Tour Guru said (ehem... if she reads this... she will know that I'm talking about her)... don't eat the roadside stalls food if I do not want to get an upset stomach.

So we when to the nearest fast food that we can find and VOILA! There was McDonald's! Immediately we went to in and look at the menu... and we choose something which I think back home won't have it... SAMURAI PORK BURGER! The burger was so nice... that I forgot to take a picture of it... I think the both of us were too hungry... that's why the we really wobble down the burger within seconds.

After that short and fulfilling dinner... we took a walk around the district that we were staying at... and my bf thinks that we are near to the red light district of Bangkok (which we later found out ITS TRUE!)... got ourselves a map and started planning for tomorrow.
Think we should go here instead of here... or maybe there!
Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts