thE 53rD grAmmy aWardS... mY owN reVieW... paRt 1...


Its that time again... where it is the highest accolades an artist could ever wish for... its the 53rd Grammy Awards. I didn't get to watch it live... but I was hogging the Internet for the result of the Grammy Awards. The artist I'm rooting for? A few... Eminem, Lady Gaga, Cee Lo Green and The Black Eyed Peas.

I found the list at Yahoo... you can follow the link here... I'm not sure if it is the complete list but it sure do list out the nominees and the winners. I'll guess I'll start from the bottom of the list given... slowly moving up to the 'Album of the Year'.

Best Short Form Music Video
I guess this is a new type of recognition given to the artist that have given lots of amount of creative juices during the making of their music video. The music video that contains short stories... and among the nominees given on the list... I think Lady Gaga will win hands down.


As expected... she did wins hands down. But I gotta give my hats off to Cee Lo Green for his music video as well... he did a good job on it. Hmm... maybe it doesn't pay to speak up your mind?

Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals, Best Country Song and Best Country Album
Normally... I would skip this topic. But after hearing the song from the nominees... I was like... OK. Maybe this year song isn't what I would expected to be. Some of the songs that were nominated... I actually think that it is nice and didn't think it sounded country at all.


But I really like the song and the album of the winner... Lady Antebellum. Another song which I think deserves the salute was by The Band Perry with their very touchy song... "If I Die Young".

Best Country Collaboration with Vocals
Can't really say much about this category... but I did a quick look up on the artist that won this category... Zac Brwon Band. The song are quite catchy... with the sound of violin at the back... this song is superb if you want to relax yourself after a full hectic day in the office.


Best Country Female & Male Vocal Performance
Ok... for this two category... I can't really tell who is who. But the song of both winner did sound nice. Now this is what I called 'Country Music'. Meaningful and soothing... (",)



I guess... I should wrap up for the first part of the 53rd Grammy Awards at the moment. Until then...

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts