thE 53rD grAmmy aWardS... mY owN reVieW... paRt 2...


This is the continuation from my previous post on the 53rd Grammy Awards review... to cut to the chase... I shall continue from where I sign off in the previous post.

Best Rap Album & Best Rap Solo Performance
When I look at the nominees for both categories... it is very tight competition. But only the best prevails... and Eminem again... showed himself worthy of the Grammy Awards. At least it proves that he is still the best rapper... hmm... no wonder I got an "A-" for one of my assignment back in the university days. (",)


I've played this song over and over again when I'm feeling very unhappy or feeling negative... which is usually caused from stress at work. This song gives me courage to face the challenges and... well... as the song suggest... "Not Afraid".

Best Rap Song & Best Rap / Sung Collaboration
The collaboration between Jay-Z and Alicia Keys made this song super and awesome nice... with Jay-Z on the rapping part and Alicia with her voice on the chorus... really set this song apart from the one of the Eminem's song "Love the Way you Lie".


I guess this song wasn't the favorite to win this category... most people were rooting for Eminem rather than Jay-Z. Personally, I think the tie breaker would be the lyrics. What do you think?

Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group
When I do a brief look up on the winner for this category... my jaw DID really drop... BIG TIME. No doubt it is a song by Jay-Z... but the people he is collaborating with... never heard of them. But the video does look cool with the black and white concept... and some abstract elements.


Well... that wraps everything for today. See you in the next post!

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts