chaRliE broWn caFe...1sT iN maLaYsiA... 1sT iN pEnaNg...


This concept of cafe was expose to me first by my bf when he went to Hong Kong for quite some time. Little did I expect that someone from Penang is actually daring enough to bring this concept here. Yup... we got the first Charlie Brown Cafe in Penang now. Thanks to some entrepreneurship by some local Penang people... the first outlet was opened quite a few weeks ago at Straits Quay.

Initially... I wasn't so tempted to go during the first few weeks of their opening until recently... but when I run out of choices for places to have my dinner... well... I guess I have to give in sometimes. Moreover, it was after much persuasion by my bf that I decided to go... since he went to the cafe with his friends the other day and kept saying good things about it... be it their food... their drinks... and the atmosphere.

Word of advice... do try out the cafe during the weekdays... but if you do not mind the waiting time... you can try it during the weekends... which is normally full with people... and some even complaints that their service is slow. But you can't expect anything from a newly in operation mode of F&B... these kind of hiccups DOES HAPPENED! Normally... I would give them 3 months cooling period to step up their food quality and service... if it took them more than 3 months... I can't say anything else... but good luck in surviving in the F&B scene in Penang.
I like how they dress up the whole wall... Snoopy and Friends all the way! (",)
But still... I went ahead to try out their food last Friday after work. As expected... not much people was at the outlet... they were serving a few tables only. I like the friendly staff at the ordering counter that day as she was helpful and know what to recommended to first time customers like me. The only down side... the credit card machine wasn't functioning as it was suppose to... so sad... I actually wanted to buy some of their merchandise! >.<"

Got our order based on her recommendations... we order a 'Charlie Seafood & Chips', "Mushroom Soup with Toast', 'Charlie & Friends' and an apple juice... all this cost us like RM60+/-... OUCH! Take a look at all the things that we ordered...
Charlie Seafood & Chips... that cost me like RM22.80... >.<"... quite filling actually...
So this is what they called 'Charlie & Friends'... hmm... nothing special actually... T_T
This is the 'Mushroom Soup with Toast'... I was prepared for it as the lady told it there won't be any toast just an oversize Crouton... T_T... so sad...
I guess that they still have a long way to go to improve their menu... but since all the menus needs to be scrutinized  by the principal... I don't think that they have much of a choice but to follow. But the principal better come up with something fast... as first impression matters the most on your customers. If you leave a bad impression to your customers... it is very unlikely that they will come back no matter how unique your restaurants is (its kind of sad... but from the way I've been handling F&B tenants all this while... I can tell you that if you take your customers for granted on the first time... you are subjecting yourself to bad impression throughout the way)... and that's the fact.

Anyhow... let's do not side track on the topic... overall the whole atmosphere was nice and I like all the Snoopy and Friends themed in the cafe. Just pity that the cup and plates wasn't Snoopy and Friends themed... maybe they will change it later on. Food wise... wasn't so exceptional... but let's hope they got more things soon in their new menu... which will be unveiled on 01 May 2011.
Now that we have Charlie Brown Cafe... who is bringing my favorite 'Hello Kitty Cafe' next? Hmm... 

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Oh I want to go there too! Does KL also have this cafe? Thanks so much.
Your newest blog follower,
Kaye
http://kayelangit-luistro.blogspot.com
keishin said…
hi kaye. only penang has it. KL do not have it (as far as I know). Plus... penang is very far from KL. If you are taking flight... it will took you 45 minutes... but express bus will took about 4-5hours )depend on the traffic and driver). :)
Anonymous said…
It's opening in Setiawalk Puchong in September!! :)
Anonymous said…
It will be opening in Setiawalk Puchong in September 2011!! :)

Popular Posts