sNowMaN toNg pAk fU deSSerT hoUsE...

Just last Friday... (TGIF session with all my BFF's after a shitty day at work)... and since my hubby is working... I decided to join them for brief outing session (girls only)... or eating session.We left our office immediately the clock stuck 6PM... did some brief walking around the mall... before off we go to fulfill our appetite.

First stop was French Restaurant located at Jalan Irrawady... called 'La France' (review about this particular restaurant... in my next post). After that... we decide to go for some guilty pleasures... yup... sweet tooth time!

We decided to try out this new place called 'Snowman Tong Pak Fu Dessert House' (you can visit the Facebook page via this link). This was a new hang out place... and from the looks of the shop interior and shop front... I think it have just open not long ago. By the way, a word of caution if you want to come here to fulfill your sweet tooth... finding a parking spot here... is a bitch. I forgotten how many rounds we have to make before we actually found a parking spot!
If you look up the Net... 'Tong Pak Fu' is actually a name of a scholar... just that they modify the chinese strokes...

Anyways, lets go to the food review... YUMMY! Since I can't really eat a lot of things on the menu... I decided to settle for the most simply dessert... red bean soup with glutinous rice balls. At first... I wasn't sure about the glutinous rice balls (since the normal red bean soup does not comes with it)... but after a few bites on the rice balls... it tasted NICE! It was filled with peanuts! YUMMY! However, the red bean soup... was kind of too 'soft' (can't really taste or 'see' the red beans... >.<"). But the glutinous rice balls does save the day though. 
Red bean soup with glutinous rice balls... only RM5.80... worth it I guess... (",)

My BFF's order something else though... I can't remember the english name but the chinese name is something like [四大才子]... hope I got it correctly... but what I remember the most is the HUGE portion! It comes with four different types of dessert... freshly cut fruits... pudding... sago... and loads of glutinous rice balls. >.<" When the desserts came... all of us got surprise with the huge size... luckily there were four of us (but since I can only help out with the fruits...) to finish up the whole thing. They even order another dessert... with is filled with sago and ice creams... I didn't eat it since sago is too cold for me and my little one... (",).
One the left is the additional order... can't remember the name though. The right was the 四大才子... imagine the sweetness that we have that day... >.<"

Next... the ambiance of the whole shop was nice and relaxing... they even got sofas for people to relax (reminds me of the Starbucks concept). They also have live band... but unfortunately... the band wasn't playing when we were there (if they had... I would have pick the song 'One Night in Beijing'... hehehe).

Guess that I have to watch my weight after all those guilty pleasures... because I do not want another long lecture from my doctor again... >.<". But... for those with sweet tooth after reading this post and would like to have a guilty pleasure (plus do not mind your waist line to gain another few inches)... you can pay visit to this nice and cozy dessert house located at:-

Snowman Tong Pak Fu Venture (Opposite Maybank & Public Bank Pulau Tikus Branch)
37D, Jalan Cantonment,
10250 Penang,
Malaysia.
(Tel) : 04- 226 0955

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts