haMsTers... mY verY firSt pEts...

Snoozer & Sandy(showing the head out) - R.I.P (Mar-08)

After a long day at work, especially when it's after a dreadful day in the office, I really do not expect anything since I'm staying alone over here in Penang. I do not see my mother's smile to greet me or the smell of my favourite dish being served. What greeted me was the sight of a small bedroom and my computer. Sounds boring right?

I started to get a pet hamster when I started doing my practical in Kuala Lumpur. It was then my housemate, Eric, teached me the joy of having a pet. My first pet was a local hamster... which did not survive because of the age.

My second real hamster, which I started to rear when I was pursuing my degree in Penang, was a Winterwhite dwarf hamster. It was very cute and nice since it didn't bite my hand and anybody who put it on his hand. Her name was June. However, she has left me after more than 1 year due to dire infections on her eyes and nose. It was really a down time for me.

My third hamster was a pair... a female and male Winterwhite dwarf hamster. It was a gift from my hubby since I was really down and stress at that time (from work since I was working with an event management company). Both of them are quite young when it was with us. The female was Sandy while the male was Snoozer... and they are much more playful and daring compared to June.

But as time goes, they too die of age and infections... and it was then that I've decided not to rear anymore. The pain is too much to handle. I've cried for hours when both of them passed away. The memories with my pet hamster will forever be etched in my heart as they have helped me gone through some very tough times.

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts