guRneY pLazA's liOn daNce comPetiTion...


First of all... if you have notice it (if you have been a followers to my blog... which a doubt is only a few people... haiz... sad case), I've just added a new label... which is happenings. Mostly... this section will includes on events and other major events happening in and around my circle of life.

Well... for the moment... I guess it will be more centred on my current work place... Gurney Plaza. You can say that I'm bias or what so ever... but to be honest... I shall try to include as many major events happening in other places as well (hmmm... no promises but I shall try my very best).

Anyway, since Chinese New Year is around the corner... I got to say... all my colleague is in the Chinese New Year mood. Even the mall events and decorations is geared up with cherry blossoms and red decorations to give the shoppers a Chinese New Year feel. Even the front office of the CMO (short for Center Management Office)... is being decorated with 2 big red lanterns and some rabbits plastic cut-outs... oh... not to mention some trees at the bottom (I forgot the name of the tree).

Recently... Gurney Plaza had a "Traditional Lion Dance Competition" on 15 January 2011. It was held at the Kelawei entrance. Although the sun is scorching hot... all the participating troupes give their very best performance.


In fact... I was caught off guard by this event. Armed with only my trusty Sony Ericsson K801i... while there were a few shutterbugs with the big SLRs... I managed to get some good shots of the lions. But standing in the scorching hot wasn't my list of taking good photos.


For those that wanted to know more about what is a lion dance... to save a long story short. Lion dance symbolized good luck and fortune (that's why if you notice during the Chinese New Year... a lot of Chinese entrepreneurs will conduct a lion dance at their business area for good fortune). The story of how the lion dance came to the Chinese culture... you can track it down at wikipedia.

But the time this post is up... I guess it time to move on to the next celebration... Thaipusam. (",)

Peace Out ~~    

Comments

Popular Posts