vgA 2010... tHe reView... paRt 1...


Even though I received the premier screening access for the VGA 2010 slightly earlier (I think is one week ahead from the official screening on Animax)... but thanks to my job... been coming back very late recently. Even if I did come back early... the loading speed for the video is horribly, terribly and 'vegetably' slow (I'm using the nation's 1st broadband provider... and yet... haiz... I got no comments on this).

However... after waiting for almost 1 hour plus for the video to load (so that I can enjoy the whole show without the interruption or lag due to the slow connections)... my bf went to grab the closest snack that he can find... no... not a popcorn... but some chocolate cookies I bought over the weekend (aha! Now I know who's been stealing my chocolate cookies when I'm not around).

OK... enough time wasted... let's do the review now... and I think I will split the review into a few part. In this first review... I will talk about the 5 sense that the human have... and I personally think that the next generation of console... will explore with the 5 sense of human (although I doubt about the smell and taste part)...(",)


The stage for VGA 2010 was awesome and nice. Personally, I like the whole look of the stage... it was black and white. It's making the whole VGA 2010 look like the top pinnacle of award of video games. But the part which makes me laugh (albeit the jokes throughout the show is a bit flat)... is Neil Patrick Harris... or NPH, for short.  His entrance to the show was wicked. I'm not sure of which character he is portraying though.


Other than NPH grand entrance to host the show... the augmented reality of the stage was very awesome... (or awesomeness). But only the TV viewers get to enjoy it... the audience at the show... too bad. Most of the augmented reality in the show was used to promote the category "Game of The Year"... first off was "Call of Duty : Black Ops"... which NPH was sitting on the stage and surrounding him was televisions dropping from the stage... followed by "Batman : Arkham Asylum". 

Maybe I'm bias... but the coolest and most 'awesomeness' augmented reality was "God of War III". It was quite long and it show the battle part between Kratos and Hades... and a lot of 'lost souls' were seen flying around the screen. Actually, anything with Kratos on it... I'm giving a 5 out of 5 straight away. (",)

Beside that, artist performing for this round of VGA 2010 consists of "My Chemical Romance" and "Jose Gonzalez"... I don't recall if the is any other performing artist throughout the whole show (as I believe we didn't get to see the whole show). When 'My Chemical Romance" was performing the intro song for Gran Turismo 5, which was "Planetary (GO!)"... I do personally think that the whole performance would be better if there is a few cool cars zooming past... make use of the augmented reality... hello?

  

After a hyped up show and awards (not to mention a bunch of world premier)... audience were given a boost of 'zZzzZ...' time. First thing first... I do not have any grudge against the "Red Dead Redemption"... but the song "Far Away" really sound like 'faaaarrr aaawwaaaayyy' to me (sorry to the fans of the game... but honestly... it does really put me into sleeping mode). Judge it for yourself.


Well... I guess that is the Part 1 of the review for VGA 2010. I think the Part 2 will come up very soon... (",)

Peace Out ~~ 

Comments

Popular Posts