fiRst daY oF cnY...


After a hectic day of house visits... well... only 2 house visit... but it is more than enough to make me tired. Waking up around 9am plus in the morning and getting dressed and having home cooked food as breakfast... shortly after that... relatives (meaning those who only come once in a year for the red packets... well... my mom's family does have a few of these people...) started to drop in one by one.

My house is jam packed the moment my uncles and aunties came by... together with my 11 month year old nephew. They literally tore the house apart... you can imagine the amount of havoc going on with children running around... chatting... and this year... baby crying. The candies that I bought from 'Country Tidbits and Candies Cottage' in Gurney Plaza... finish immediately. I think with the amount of children visiting this year... I might need to buy more candies. Among the favorites was the grape candies.

Since it is Chinese New Year... the most epic question ask by my relatives to me and my mom was... "When am I going to get married?" God... I hate that question... and I'm so sick of repeating myself over and over again. (lucky thing my bf wasn't here... he was spared from all the 'questioning'). But the good thing about it? Loads of ang pows... this is the perk of staying single during Chinese New Year. I don't need to 'bleed'... (",)


Mind you... this is just the first day of Chinese New Year... I still have 14 days unaccounted for. Most of these came from my mom's side family... and the amount of relatives from her side is quite huge (so does the number of children and single people). Just imagine this... if I were married... god knows how much I will need to 'bleed'

Anyhow... I guess I still have a long way to go. But before that time comes... I better be prepare for the 'slaughter' during Chinese New Year.

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts