thE supErB matCh-maKers...


After the last house visit at my uncle's house... all of us decided to call it a day. It was almost 8pm by the time we reach home. Had a brief dinner since all of us had a very fulfilling pizza party at my uncle's house around 5pm (4 large pizzas and 24 pieces of Deli Wings... which in turn cost us almost RM 160 plus). I was feeling a bit bloated from all the pizzas and chicken wings... but hey... once in a year where all of us are together celebrating Chinese New Year... priceless (eat a few more of those delicious pizza won't hurt my waistline).

After having my bath and brief dinner... my mom switch on the television to watch the movie that has been heavily advertised in ntv7... 'The Superb Match-Makers'. She and my aunt was anticipating it... my mom was literally glued to the set around 9pm and the movie will only start around 10pm. So, while waiting... I switch to watch '72 Tenants of Prosperity'. 


When the clock struck 10pm... I switch it back to ntv7 for the movies... being bored and tired... I watched it together with my mom. Throughout the movie... my mom fell asleep 3 times. After a few minutes into the movie... my mom finally give up and went to sleep (she said the movie's story line was quite flat... nothing interesting... and I do agree with her too). 

What got me into watching this movie was from all the short teasers shown at ntv7. I manage to find it in youtube... and here is a few lines that got wanted to watch the movie in the first place.

In this teaser... I like the line said by the lady... "you can say that I'm fat... coz I am... but you can't say that    I'm ugly... faster say sorry". Her line really got me cracking up real hard... is this sarcasm? 

My say about this movie... I do agree with my mom on the story line since it is a bit flat... but the part where this movie really shines is on the words used throughout the movie. It is very creative and funny but this will only make sense it you can understand Chinese Language well enough.

Albeit all the flat story line... it is a job well done to the script writers and the actors. Overall rating for this... maybe can give it 3 out of 5 'kuih'. (",)

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts