haPPy chiNeSE neW yeAr!


It that time of the year again... Chinese New Year is around the corner! The Chinese community will starting a brand new year in another few more days... technically, another 2 more days. Tomorrow will be the Chinese New Year eve... where most of the families will gather for a reunion dinner. 

For my family... year in and year out... it will be steamboat lunch with my grandmother and my uncle. My family is quite small but the number of relatives is a lot. So normally, after lunch... my uncles will invite my family to their house for reunion dinner... and again it will be steamboat. 

It is quite a family affair. Every time it is Chinese New Year eve... a steamboat lunch or dinner is a must have. For some families... it will be a very expensive dinner at a very expensive restaurant. But for my mother... it is a tradition to have steamboat as since I was a child... my grandfather always have a grand reunion dinner with all his sons and daughter (not to mention us... the grandchildren... which may easily takes up 1 big round table). I still remember... the steamboat that we have is the old types one... charcoal powered.


Anyway... I wish everybody a 'Happy Chinese New Year' and wish you have all the health and prosperity in this coming year of the Rabbit. Huat ah~~

Peace Out ~~    

Comments

Popular Posts