beSt iN meLakA... fOr suRe...


Loads of pineapple tarts... OMG! I'm drooling...

This is the famous pineapple tarts back in Melaka and yes... it really made it into the Malaysian Book of Records for being the largest pineapple tart being made. The big one weighs around 21kg with the diameter of 32inches. The small ones... if you ask me... I really don't know (aiya, put it in your mouth and munch la).

The shop name is "LW Nyonya Pineapple Tarts House". It can be found in Jonker Street of Melaka. But from my last visit back to Melaka, it has move to another location. Still in Jonker Street but easier to spot. Just find the Cheng Hoon Teng Temple and walk until you arrive at a T-junction. Then you'll smell the presence of freshly baked pineapple tarts (really, the smell will get you first and even more when you enter the shop).

The lady boss is very friendly since I've been her faithful pineapple tarts "addict" when she first started out. I think it was back in 2002 or earlier. When I first tasted it, it was nice and buttery (can say like very crunchy). Although the size did shrunk when she first started out, but nevertheless the taste still remains.

Even when I'm studying in Penang (now working in Penang), I never forget to buy some for my friends to try it and make it as a late night snack (you know la, last minute rush to finish up assignments). Some of my colleague are starting to become her pineapple tarts "addict" already. When I go back Melaka for holiday, there are sure 'orders' from them. Hahaha... but I didn't overcharged my colleague since I buy it as it is from the shop (just that they are really, REALLY freshly baked from the ovens).

Well, it is very famous to the point it is even recommended by 8TV's Ho Chiak. If you wanted to try it, make sure you mark it in your next holiday destination to Melaka. Drop me a message if you want clearer instructions. ^^

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts