mY iDoL...

Eminem... he is my idol for 2 reasons. Academic aspect and his music... most people will ask me "Why do Eminem is my idol for academic aspect?" It is hard for me to explain on this but I got good grade in one of my papers (when I was in my university time... I think it was the second semester). The course was "Community and the Media"... and one of the papers that all of us have to do mostly evolve around the media and how it effect the society. Out of the 3 titles given by the lecturer... one of them was "How music as a media has impact on the society?"


Obviously... I chose that title... and I can still remember how I can to do up a paper on Eminem. I was first exposed to his music by my cousin brother, who was staying at the States and came back for Chinese New Year. His lyrics caught my attention and I started to dig more into his music (of course... during that time, I have started my university days). When the lecturer popped this title to us... unconsciously, I choose this title.

Most of my mates have started off with their readings and research (which includes sticking their butt in the library for the whole day). Me, on the other hand, was still busy with photography club activities... not paying attention to the dateline of the submission of the paper... until 24 hours before the final submission... and I did manage to finish off my paper and submit the paper the next day (with a big black and deep panda eyes).

I did not expect much on the result of my papers... I would be grateful if the lecturer just give a mere 'C' grade... I would be more than happy. But what surprises me was... despite the last minute of digging and writing... i got an 'A-'. When my mates told me about the result... I was like... "Are you pulling my leg?"

I thought they are joking with me until I look at the results... I stood still in the hallway like 10 seconds before I let out small burst of happiness. I guess the lecturer is quite satisfy with my paper in which I used Eminem songs as examples... since his music reflects what is really happening in the society and sometimes... we can feel what is he going through from his songs.


Moreover, during that time... America was having their election at that time (I think quite a big one but I couldn't remember the year though...) but all that I can remember was the fact that Eminem was using his songs to get people to exercise their rights to vote. The result? I have no idea... but the message in the song (which I found it in YouTube...) was very strong (anger factor aside)...


Until today, I still support him. Moreover... there's quite a fair bit of locals trying to voice out their opinion as well... and using music... it always gets the job well done... ^^

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts