a huNt foR theiR caR...

Yesterday... after I finish work... I was feeling very tired and was looking forward to have a good rest at home (since I was still feeling not that good after 2 days of fever). Moreover, I don't think I can continue on to work without rubbing my eyes balls until it fall out (moreover, my center manager was bugging me to go home and rest since he notice that my face so pale... that I look like a zombie... he even commented that I look like the wind can blow me away anytime). Well... I took his advice and started to pack my bags and head off home (calling my bf to come and fetch me... but he was kind of busy with his Gran Turismo 5 at his home... >.<").

When the elevator arrives... an elderly couple steps out from the lift. As usual, I enter the elevator the moment they came out. But what made me stop was the puzzle and lost look in their faces. Thus... I hold the elevator (thankfully, there was no one else in the elevator) and ask the elderly couple what could be the problem? They told me that they couldn't locate their car... which suppose to be on the 7th Floor of the complex (Gurney Plaza). Having a soft spot for elderly couple (and *ehem... the need to help them out kicked in) since they remind me of my parents back in Melaka... I proceed to guide them.

However, even with verbal guidance... they still seem a bit lost. That's is when I took the extra step to help them... I help them to look for their car. I step out from the elevator and proceed to bring them to the 7th floor. But when we reached the 7th floor... the husband keep saying that he do not recall the ramp going up on either side of the building. I was puzzle... then he keep on asking... is this the old wing? He said that he parked his car at the old wing of 7th floor.

Something wasn't right... the 7th floor car park wasn't at the old wing... it was at the new wing. So I proceed to ask more question... then he said that he skip one floor upon entering the multi-level car park ramp. My mind keep on thinking... it should be 6th floor if that's the case (if you're familiar with Gurney Plaza... you'll know what I mean). But he keep saying that its on the 7th floor... OK... fine... I told him to keep pressing the alarm button while I walk around to see if any cars make any noise... but there were none.

After a few failed attempts... I think he realized that he might be wrong. So I took him back to 6th floor and ask the uncle to press the button again (by that time... he introduce himself as Dr. Tan). Eventually, we found the car... and it was at 6th floor... tuck right in a corner. Both them were so delighted when we found the car... then I proceed to check with them on their validity of their tickets... you see... more than 20 minutes... you can't get out... and you'll be causing a very bad jam.

As I thought... it had expired. I explained to the husband and luckily he understand and he ask where's the FCC. I was thinking in my head... since I've come this far in helping them out... it's ok to bring them to the FCC to have the problem sorted out. I took them to the nearest elevator and bring them to the FCC people to have their card fixed. They were in the FCC room for around 5 minutes and after that... they were all smiles and were glad that they were able to find their car. I bring them to the same elevator and inform them that this elevator brings them straight to the place where their car is parked.

Around 10 minutes later when I was walking back home through the Kelawei entrance... I saw the elderly couple driving their car passing by. (",)

What a good way to end the hectic day yesterday. ^^

Peace Out ~~

Comments

Popular Posts